Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bed Bugs!

Ever since I have arrived in Israel I have awoken with bites about the size of a mosquito bite on different parts of my body. My first thought was maybe they are bed bugs but then Krystal got bed bugs and they were a lot smaller bites clustered together so I figured that it must just be mosquito bites or spider bites. Then two nights ago when I was jumping into to bed mark asked what was on my back and after looking in the mirror I saw that I had a cluster of them but instead of being small they were big bites. I was pretty convinced at that point that they were bed bugs so the next day I looked up some stuff online and what do you know they are!

I have currently counted 29 bites on my body and each day I seem to get a couple more. I switched my mattress and washed my sheets and changed my blankets so hopefully they are gone. It would have been a nice thing to know at the beginning of the year when they started but now with only a few days left at JUC hopefully they will be gone for good! There have been about 5 people who have gotten bed bugs here at JUC and Krystal and I are among the few. I now have a new meaning to the saying "Don't let the bed bugs bite".

2 comments:

  1. How true, you will never be able to hear that phrase again and not laugh or go into a rage of iching! Praying they go away fast!!

    ReplyDelete