Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Whats better than hanging with the bro in Israel!!!



The last five days have been a world wind of excitement. Josh arrived on Thursday after being detained for 2 hours in Geneva due to suspicious of being a terrorist he arrived in Israel! Here has been our schedule thus far:

4/23/09: Picked up Josh, walked around the old city
4/24/09: Herodian, Bethlehem (church of nativity), city of David, Broad wall, Cardo, Church of the Holy Sepulcher (burial and resurrection of Jesus), David’s tomb, and the upper room, Shabbat
4/25/09: (Galilee) Hippus, Beth Saida, Beram, Kedesh
4/26/09: (Galilee) Gamla, Jotapata, Cana,
4/27/09: Israel Museum (dead sea scrolls) , southern steps, pool of Bethesda, shopping, Garden of Gethsemane, Mount of Olives
4/28/09: Hezekiah’s tunnel, city of David movie, Western wall, Garden Tomb, Shopping, Ben Ya Hudah street (new city),

There is so much to do in Jerusalem alone and you could easily spend a week here just seeing the stuff around the city, we have packed most of it into about three days! It has been amazing having Josh here and huge blessing to share with him what I have been learning!





Today I had my last class and I am totally done except for two finals next week! Crazy! The classes have been amazing and it hasn't really felt like I have been going to school because they have been so interesting. Things are starting to unwind here at JUC and before I know it we will be heading home.

Tomorrow Josh, Mark, and I are heading to Masada, The Dead Sea, En Gedi, Sodom and Gamora, and Qumran! It will be another full day but it will be awesome to share with Josh! What an opportunity of a lifetime to have him here! I have now been in this awesome land with both brothers! Awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures!! I can't wait to see and hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jared - it looks like you are having an awesome time in Isreal. I can't believe the semester is almost over...seems to have gone quickly. I've been following your blog since you created it! That's awesome that Josh was able to come visit. Take Care! ---your cousin Marissa

    ReplyDelete